We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
Programme Support and Student Welfare Officer
BADA is seeking to appoint a Programme Support and Student Welfare Officer to act as institutional lead for student welfare, pastoral care and extra-curricular experience.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary Range: £32,000 – £34,000
- 28 days’ annual leave
- Pension Scheme
We particularly encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to achieve a more dynamic company.
The British American Drama Academy (BADA) was founded in 1984 to enable students from across the world to study classical theatre with leading actors and directors of the British theatre. BADA aims to provide exceptional, rigorous and immersive theatre training across a range of courses for students aged 16-18; undergraduates studying abroad as part of their Bachelor’s degree, and life-long learners.
Working closely with the Managing Director, Dean and staff from our partner institutions, the primary purpose of the role of Programme Support and Student Welfare Officer is to provide outstanding student support, and to ensure a positive, safe and inclusive work, study and living environment for students, that is conducive to social and intellectual growth for BADA’s approximately 200 students annually across all our programs.
The position’ responsibilities include student welfare and pastoral care (including safeguarding), student housing, student conduct, extra-curricular student activities and emergency response.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a similar position in education and student welfare support, or relevant experience within a healthcare setting
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES
Organisational / administrative skills
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to meet deadlines, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage emergency situations in line with agreed procedures
- Willingness to undertake other duties as required
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- Calm, professional and approachable manner
- Absolute trustworthiness and the ability to deal with confidential matters with discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work under pressure whilst managing a potentially unpredictable workload
- Self-motivated and flexible team player who enjoys being part of a small team in a busy student-focussed environment
- Computer literate, with working knowledge of standard Microsoft software
- Willingness to undertake further training as required
- Full time, with the ability to be on call as part of BADA’s on-call emergency response rota and to respond to out of hours emergencies when required (rota or emergency)
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and / or weekends
- Ability to live in college at Oxford full time for the (overlapping) five and a half weeks of both Oxford summer programs
- Training in Diversity & Equity; safeguarding; mental health first aid; US Title IX
BADA is a well-established, small, rigorous and inclusive theatre training community. All staff are expected to work together in a positive and collaborative spirit, and to share a deep commitment to our vision to enable US and other international students to participate fully in our courses, irrespective of barriers they may face linked to ethnicity, class, disability, gender, sexuality, socio-economic or any other.
Candidates must have the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK.
We particularly want to encourage applications from candidates who have previously been underrepresented at BADA and in the industry due to the experience of barriers linked to ethnicity, class, disability, gender, sexuality, socio-economic or any other.
Applications should be made by emailing a letter of interest (no more than 2 sides of A4) setting out your suitability for, and interest in the role.
In addition, please include:
- A CV
- A completed Monitoring Form (available for download below), which is detached on receipt, remains anonymous and is used for statistical purposes only
Anything we can do to support your application, and to ensure your interview is as accessible as possible, please let us know in your application.
Applications should be emailed to: Dr. Lars Franke, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The position remains open until filled.
BADA passionately believes in the importance and power of diversity and is a dedicated equal opportunities employer.