We are currently seeking applicants for the following position:
Facilities and Compliance Manager
BADA is seeking to appoint a Facilities and Compliance Manager to ensure the smooth running of all BADA’s facilities both in London and, during its summer programme, in Oxford; to have oversight of, and ensure the institution’s compliance with, all essential regulations, and to ensure the efficient operation of the BADA office.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary Range: £30,000 – £32,000
- 28 days’ annual leave
- Pension Scheme
We particularly encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to achieve a more dynamic company.
The British American Drama Academy (BADA) was founded in 1984 to enable students from across the world to study classical theatre with leading actors and directors of the British theatre. BADA aims to provide exceptional, rigorous and immersive theatre training across a range of courses for students aged 16-18; undergraduates studying abroad as part of their Bachelor’s degree, and life-long learners.
The primary purpose of the role of Facilities and Compliance Manager is to ensure the smooth running of all BADA’s facilities both in London and, during its summer programme, in Oxford; to have oversight of, and ensure the institution’s compliance with, all essential regulations, and to ensure the efficient operation of the BADA office.
The position’ responsibilities include general facilities management; compliance; health & safety and general office management.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a similar position either in schools, higher education, or relevant equivalency
- Demonstrable experience and working understanding of regulations related to facilities management, compliance and health & safety relevant to UK education settings
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES
Organisational / administrative skills
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to meet deadlines, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage emergency situations in line with agreed procedures
- Willingness to undertake other duties as required
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- Professional and approachable manner
- Self-motivated and flexible team player who enjoys being part of a small team in a busy student-focused environment
- Computer literate, with working knowledge of standard Microsoft software
- Willingness to undertake further training as required
- Full time, with the ability to be on call as part of BADA’s on-call emergency response rota and to respond to out of hours emergencies when required (rota or emergency)
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and / or weekends
- Relevant HSE qualification e.g. IOSH or NEBOSH
- First Aid qualification
- Experience of running a risk register
- Knowledge of GDPR legislation
- Experience of DBS checks
- Diversity & Equity training
BADA is a well-established, small, rigorous and inclusive theatre training community. All staff are expected to work together in a positive and collaborative spirit, and to share a deep commitment to our vision to enable US and other international students to participate fully in our courses, irrespective of barriers they may face linked to ethnicity, class, disability, gender, sexuality, socio-economic or any other.
Candidates must have the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK.
We particularly want to encourage applications from candidates who have previously been underrepresented at BADA and in the industry due to the experience of barriers linked to ethnicity, class, disability, gender, sexuality, socio-economic or any other.
Applications should be made by emailing a letter of interest (no more than 2 sides of A4) setting out your suitability for, and interest in the role.
In addition, please include:
- A CV
- A completed Monitoring Form (available for download below), which is detached on receipt, remains anonymous and is used for statistical purposes only
Anything we can do to support your application, and to ensure your interview is as accessible as possible, please let us know in your application.
Applications should be emailed to: Dr. Lars Franke, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The position remains open until filled.
BADA passionately believes in the importance and power of diversity and is a dedicated equal opportunities employer.